Application deadline: November 15, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. CAT
Hanga Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) Programme. was created by the Government of Rwanda in 2022 as part of the HangaPitchFest to explore the opportunities that exist for technology-enabled start-ups to solve key problems in SRH to accelerate better outcomes. This year we are excited to work with key partners to identify, select and provide technical solutions and business support for20 startups in sub-Saharan Africawe are working on innovative onestechnology-enabledsolutions that address challenges in this waybreak the form at SRH.
- Improving maternal healthbeyond society’s access to safe abortion
- Fight against unsafe abortionby removing barriers to access to safe abortion.
- Targeting young people (10-24 years old)with youth-friendly SRH information and services.
- Combating gender-based violenceincluding sexual violence.
- Meeting the need for contraceptionincluding education about contraception and access to it.
- Must operate in any sub-Saharan African country
- Must develop a product and venture that contributes to sexual and reproductive health (SRH) in an innovative and pioneering way
- The startup must offer a technology-based SRH solution or have the potential to scale based on technology. The technology does not have to be a core innovation, but it must be supported by some type of hardware or software.
- A working prototype must be presented. This could be in the form of a working product demo in video format, a presentation explaining how the product works, a functional website, or something similar.
- It must be registered with the appropriate authorities in the country of operation
- The start-up should not have raised any venture capital (except business angels, family and friends). Startups that may have received funding from other incubator or hackathon programs are eligible.
- Must be a Founder/Co-Founder and/or have primary decision-making authority in the startup
- Ability to use digital technologies and constant access to a laptop and the Internet required
- You must be at least 18 years old when submitting your application
If you are selected to join the Hanga SRH program, you will have access to the following:
- Financing:funding worth approx$10,000with the possibility of increasing to$30,000for the most effective start-ups in the program
- Learning:A 3-month cohort-based curriculum covering entrepreneurship, evidence and SRH
- Support tailored to your individual needs:Tailored support from expert venture building and SRH experts over a period of 9 months for eligible startups.
- Open applications:October 20
- Application information session: October 31
- Closed applications:November 15 at 17:00 CAT.
- Virtual pitching:November 20, 21
For more information:
Visit the official website of the Hanga Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) program.
#Hanga #Sexual #Reproductive #Health #SRH #Program #African #Tech #Startups #grant #Opportunities #Africans
Image Source : www.opportunitiesforafricans.com